Brianwoods

Hi. My name is Ken. I'm a member of SCBWI. I'm your tour guide into Brianwoods, a blog dedicated to my children's writing endeavors. Thanks for stopping by.

Just for a minute, close your eyes and imagine you're walking along a forest trail. Listen to the forest animals, as they call out to greet you. Welcome to Brianwoods!

This blog includes some of my other writing and details on my published materials.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

I'm back!

I hate it when your email account gets hacked and your account gets frozen. Well, that's what happened several months ago. But that's all behind me now.

My writing has been going well in spite of my recent email problems. I just read Beginnings, Middles, and Ends by Nancy Kress, which has been very helpful in revising some of my manuscripts. Other books that I have read to help with my writing include the 2012 CWIM, Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott, and How to Write and Illustrate Children's Books and Get Them Published by Treld Pelkey Bicknell and Felicity Trotman.

All these story ideas are bubbling up to the surface now and I've been jotting them down and even sketching  illustration ideas out. Some of my best ideas have come to me while out for a long run on a nearby rail trail. It's especially fun during the fall, with all the orange, red, green, and yellow leaves floating down to earth as I race along.

I have a few things out for consideration. Meanwhile, I'm working on my MG novel, a science-driven mystery chapter book, and a number of picture books.

No comments:

Post a Comment