Brianwoods

Hi. My name is Ken. I'm a member of SCBWI. I'm your tour guide into Brianwoods, a blog dedicated to my children's writing endeavors. Thanks for stopping by.

Just for a minute, close your eyes and imagine you're walking along a forest trail. Listen to the forest animals, as they call out to greet you. Welcome to Brianwoods!

This blog includes some of my other writing and details on my published materials.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Waiting Begins

On January 31, 2013, I took the day off from my regular job. I spent the morning polishing my entry for this year's Highlights Fiction Contest. Around 11:30 am, I went down to the local Staples to make a copy of my entry since my printer/scanner/copier stopped working. Shortly thereafter, I mailed my entry at the post office after getting it postmarked since it was the last day entries are allowed to be submitted.

My entry is a little different this year. Rather than writing a typical fictional story like I've done in seven previous attempts, I juiced it up a bit. Here's a clue to the content of my story, it involves a canine food critic.Now we all know that dogs tend to eat almost anything so it's kind of a paradox to have a dog food critic.I imagine that all food establishments would prefer to have such a critic with the certainty that the report would be quite complimentary.

Now it's time to wait. But I already have too many other writing projects in the works. I intend on keeping busy and trying not to think about the outcome. The winning entries won't be announced until late May or early June. That's a ways off.

Bon appetite!

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment