Brianwoods

Hi. My name is Ken. I'm a member of SCBWI. I'm your tour guide into Brianwoods, a blog dedicated to my children's writing endeavors. Thanks for stopping by.

Just for a minute, close your eyes and imagine you're walking along a forest trail. Listen to the forest animals, as they call out to greet you. Welcome to Brianwoods!

This blog includes some of my other writing and details on my published materials.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Storyboards/Dummies

I recently purchased a large whiteboard to help with my writing. The first thing I used the board for was a picture book manuscript I wrote as part of last year's PiBoIdMo. I enjoyed the process of drafting a 32 page dummy for this story. I found it most helpful in editing the manuscript. As stated in Ann Whitford Paul's "Writing Picture Books", I was able to see some of the weaknesses in my manuscript and come up with changes that seemed to flow better. This is only the second time I have tried something like this, but it was well worth it.

I took a picture of a portion of it to illustrate the result. I plan on doing this a lot more.

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment