Brianwoods

Hi. My name is Ken. I'm a member of SCBWI. I'm your tour guide into Brianwoods, a blog dedicated to my children's writing endeavors. Thanks for stopping by.

Just for a minute, close your eyes and imagine you're walking along a forest trail. Listen to the forest animals, as they call out to greet you. Welcome to Brianwoods!

This blog includes some of my other writing and details on my published materials.

Monday, March 20, 2023

2023 # 50 PRECIOUS WORDS CONTEST

 It's that time of year for Vivian Kirkfield's popular children's writing contest, # 50 Precious Words. Each entrant must write a story with a basic story arc using only 50 words or less, not an easy task. Over the past several years, my small critique group has had quite a bit of success in this contest. We have had at least one winner in each of the last three contests and two winners in 2021. This year's winner is Callie Dean, who was also a winner in Mindy Alyse Weiss's 2022 PBParty contest. I hope this trend continues!

 

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment