Brianwoods

Hi. My name is Ken. I'm a member of SCBWI. I'm your tour guide into Brianwoods, a blog dedicated to my children's writing endeavors. Thanks for stopping by.

Just for a minute, close your eyes and imagine you're walking along a forest trail. Listen to the forest animals, as they call out to greet you. Welcome to Brianwoods!

This blog includes some of my other writing and details on my published materials.

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Entering Children's Writing Contests and More

This February has been a very busy time for me and my online critique group. The five members have many submissions out to publishing professionals. Two members have had books published recently, have agents now and others like myself have been entering various contests.

I participated in Susanna Leonard Hill's Valentiny Contest on February 12th, the #PBPitch on X (Twitter) on February 22nd and then entered the 2024 #PBParty Contest run by Mindy Alyse Weiss that same day. One other member, our author/illustrator member entered the author/illustrator part of the #PBParty Contest. Then on March 2nd, I entered Vivian Kirkfield's  #50 Precious Words Contest.  

Our small group has had much success in the # 50 Precious Words Contest since 2021. We have had four different members place in it and a number of honorable mentions too. I was one of the winners in 2021 and received honorable mentions in 2022 and 2023.

As I wait for the results for the #PBParty and #50 Precious Words Contests, I continue to write new picture book manuscripts and tweak existing ones.


Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment