Brianwoods

Hi. My name is Ken. I'm a member of SCBWI. I'm your tour guide into Brianwoods, a blog dedicated to my children's writing endeavors. Thanks for stopping by.

Just for a minute, close your eyes and imagine you're walking along a forest trail. Listen to the forest animals, as they call out to greet you. Welcome to Brianwoods!

This blog includes some of my other writing and details on my published materials.

Monday, December 27, 2010

From Poetry to Play

I wrote a rhyming poem entitled "The Last Leaf" for a contest a number of years ago. It was far from being perfect. But I think it had that certain something, "a hook", like that term used to describe a song with a certain appeal. Anyway, I've been working on converting it into a children's play and it's been fun. I'll give you a sampling of several of the lines in it. Keep in mind that the leaves on a tree come to life. Here, one leaf is attacked by several hungry caterpillars.

Later on, caterpillars stopped for lunch. All you could hear was "Crunch, Crunchy, Crunch, Crunch".
"Get off off me, bugs! Get off of me, please! Now look what you've done. I look like Swiss cheese."

I'm anxious to see if I can get someone to actually do the play. My fingers are crossed.

Let me know what you think. I'm interested.

Thanks,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment